CHEMTREAT 662 is a pale yellow liquid biocide formulated for control of algae and organic growths in open cooling water circuits.
- CHEMTREAT 662 is compatible with chemicals used for corrosion and scale control in open cooling water circuits.
- CHEMTREAT 662 is non-corrosive and will not degrade cooling tower timber.
- CHEMTREAT 662 is used at low concentrations.
- CHEMTREAT 662 is effective against bacteria and algae
- CHEMTREAT 662 is effective over pH range 5.0 to 9.0.
- CHEMTREAT 662 is effective against sulphate reducing bacteria.
- CHEMTREAT 662 when diluted below use levels degrades rapidly in the environment.
- CHEMTREAT 662 is compatible with low level chlorine additions.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- CHEMTREAT 662 should be slug dosed at a minimum rate of 250ml/10,000 litres (25ppm) on the total volume of cooling water in the circuit.
- CHEMTREAT 662 additions should be made to turbulent areas of the cooling tower preferably near recirculation pump suction.
- Circuits which are badly fouled should be cleaned either manually or with a high pressure water hose prior to dosing with CHEMTREAT 662.
- CHEMTREAT 662 should not be repeatedly dosed to control organic growth but used in conjunction with another biocide to prevent immunity to a particular biocide developing.
- For recommendations on a biocide program refer to your Challenge Chemicals representative for specific recommendations.
CHEMTREAT 662 is irritating to eyes, skin and mucous membranes and may cause severe damage. Avoid skin and eye contact and breathing vapour or mist. Wear rubber gloves, eye protection and overalls when handling. Wash thoroughly after handling.
If poisoning occurs contact a doctor or poisons information centre. PH 13 11 26. If swallowed do not induce vomiting, give a glass of water and seek medical advice. If skin contact does occur remove contaminated clothing and wash thoroughly with water. If eye contact occurs irrigate with water for at least 15 minutes and seek medical attention immediately.
CHEMTREAT 662 is available in 5 and 15 litre drums.