CHEMTREAT 504 is a water white organic phosphonate based liquid scale and corrosion inhibitor formulated for use in open cooling water circuits.
- CHEMTREAT 504 gives excellent corrosion inhibition in single and multi metal cooling circuits.
- CHEMTREAT 504 being a liquid is easy to use through metering pumps.
- CHEMTREAT 504 is near neutral and therefore intrinsically safe unlike acid based products.
- CHEMTREAT 504 operates effectively over a pH range of 7.0 to 9.0 and normally no separate pH control is required.
- CHEMTREAT 504 contains no chromate and only a very low level of zinc ie 1.5 ppm at normal dose levels.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
CHEMTREAT 504 should be dosed into the cooling water at a turbulent area whenever the cooling tower recirculation pump is operating.
Addition can be made direct from the container or after dilution in a larger tank using an adjustable chemical dosing pump.
Addition rate will need to be monitored and adjusted to achieve desired levels of treatment in cooling water. Control of scale and corrosion requires a dosage of 150 to 200 ppm of CHEMTREAT 504 in the cooling water. Dosage rates will depend on water quality, velocity and temperature of cooling water. Refer to your Challenge Chemicals Australia representative for specific recommendations.
For optimum corrosion control, the ideal pH is 8.5, but good corrosion control is maintained in pH range of 7.0 to 9.0.
When commissioning a new circuit, or should corrosion control be lost then a passivation dose of up to ten times the normal operating level is required to form a protective film on the pipe surfaces.
All good cooling water treatment programs include biocide additions in conjunction with scale and corrosion inhibitor addition.
CHEMTREAT 504 is slightly alkaline. Avoid skin and eye contact
If poisoning occurs contact a doctor or poisons information centre. If swallowed do not induce vomiting, give a glass of water and seek medical advice. If skin contact does occur remove contaminated clothing and wash thoroughly with water. If eye contact occurs irrigate with water for at least 15 minutes and seek medical attention if irritation persists.
CHEMTREAT 504 is available in 15, 25 and 200 litre drums.