- METCLEAN 40 PLUS is a concentrated phosphoric acid based cleaner used for the removal of hard water, calcium, lime, concrete and mill scale.
- METCLEAN 40 PLUS is ideal for rust removal and phosphating steel surfaces prior to painting.
- METCLEAN 40 PLUS is also recommended for spray and wipe operation in ablution areas for the removal of calcium, hard water, scale, soap scum, build up on urinals, sinks, shower stalls and bathroom fittings.
- Rust remover prior to painting in marine and industrial applications.
- Descaling of appliances
- Pipe pickling
METHOD OF USE
- Clean surface of excess rust deposits by wire brushing or chipping.
- Dilute METCLEAN 40 PLUS with upto 8 parts water, apply to surfaces to be cleaned.
- Allow painted surfaces to dry and a smooth grey finish indicates all rust has been converted to a passive phosphate film suitable for application of paint.
- When dipping components, immersion time is dependent on the degree of rust but with METCLEAN 40 PLUS when used in concentrated form immersion times between 30 and 60 minutes should be sufficient to convert all rust to a passive phosphate film.
- Do not rinse component with fresh water otherwise the passive film will be destroyed and rust will form.
DESCALING OF URNS, JUGS AND KETTLES
- Dilute METCLEAN 40 PLUS with up to 8 parts water.
- Bring the appliance to the boil.
- Empty and thoroughly rinse with water.
- Dilute METCLEAN 40 PLUS with water 4:1.
- Circulate solution through pipework or allow to soak overnight.
- Drain and allow to dry.
- Do not wash treated surfaces with water as rust will form.
METCLEAN 40 PLUS is an acidic product. Avoid skin and eye contact when handling.
If poisoning occurs contact a doctor of poisons information centre. PH 13 11 26. If swallowed do not induce vomiting, give milk or water and seek medical advice. If skin contact does occur remove contaminated clothing and wash thoroughly with water. For eye contact, irrigate with water for 15 minutes and if irritation persists seek medical advice.
METCLEAN 40 PLUS is available in 1, 5, 15 and 25 litre containers.